A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

At the end of my tether...

  • bankofwife
  • bankofwife's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
04 Aug 12 #347274 by bankofwife
Topic started by bankofwife
I''ve been looking online for advice on my current situation but not found anything very useful...

I have a husband of 10 years who does not contribute financially to either joint mortgage or bills, never does anything at home, stays out all night (coming home to sleep off the night before during the day), eats my food and basically treats the house that I pay for like a hotel. He says he can''t go because he doesn''t have anywhere to go to although he was quick enough to leave once before when he was having an affair.

I have submitted my divorce papers to the court but have been told it could take months to get a court order to make him leave. I am told I cannot get him out of the house until the court order...

Life is extremely difficult at home and I wonder if there is anything I can do in the meantime. I am constantly worried about bailiffs turning up for his debts and he lives like a pig generally so no matter what I do the house is a tip...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
04 Aug 12 #347283 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
Welcome to wikivorce. You have my sympathy.
Unfortunately you have a problem as far as getting him out goes because you cannot get an order to do that unless there is violence or extreme mental abuse of some sort going on :(.

Is the house in joint names?

Do you have children to consider?

What you could do is make life as uncomfortable as possible.Don''t allow him access to your food for example.

Do you think he would leave if you found him alternative accommodation?


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11