A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.


  • Jenithewren
  • Jenithewren's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 Aug 12 #348902 by Jenithewren
Topic started by Jenithewren
My husband has decided to end our marriage out of the blue and has refused all attempts to reconcile. He has walked out on me and our two children. What grounds can I divorce him on? Struggling to even talk to him rationally!

  • Crumpled
  • Crumpled's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Aug 12 #348920 by Crumpled
Reply from Crumpled
Hi i was very sorry to read your post it is very early days for you and really all i can say is try and look after yourself try to eat and sleep get help from your gp if you need it and get a counsellor for yourself so that you can be strong for your children.
I am not going to lie this is a horrible emotional rollercoaster but it does get better just slowly.
I am sure over the next few days you will find more out about why your husband is doing this ...........do not rush in to anything but find a solicitor (not necessarily the nearest ....a well versed family one) not to start proceedings but just to get information a lot of solicitors offer the first half hour of an initial consultation for free so if you take a list of questions you can use your time effectively.
I am so sorry that you have had to join us but you will get lots of support and help here as so many of us have been in your position so we do understand what it feels like,,,,,,,,,,lots of love

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Aug 12 #348931 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Unreasonable behaviour is the only ground to use in these circumstances.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.