A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Shocker !!! his UB reasons

  • amefbi
  • amefbi's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Aug 12 #349453 by amefbi
Reply from amefbi
Thx Cookie2 your are my life saver.

This is a draft.He told me he does not want to divorce anymore and knew he was in contact with his sols. I gave her call yesterday to say this is his intentions but I dont agree, and I defnitely want this Divorce, I dont care what the reasons for UB is, I will sign..and then also mentioned why I have to claim SM..she told me she has sent the draft and I will receive shortly and can only advise her client on what she has, but understand the situation better now. She told him I wont get any SM, he has nothing to worry.

And yes I know some will feel I should not contact his sols, but I did and feel that we can move forward the quickest way. Husband did same in 2008 with me, wants divorce and then not going on again, with same sols.

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Aug 12 #349454 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
There''s nothing wrong with contacting his solicitors, in fact it is often the best way to deal with things. Just remember that they are HIS solicitors, not yours, and they are not an independent/neutral party. They will not give you legal advice or tell you what is in your interests. Anything they say will be said to help their client, not you.

  • maisymoos
  • maisymoos's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Aug 12 #349457 by maisymoos
Reply from maisymoos
If his Petition hasn''t been submitted to the court you could always submit your own first. My ex did this to me after he received the draft petition from my solicitors ! My solicitor was following protocol and best practice but I have learnt that can all backfire if you are against a solicitor who doesnt give a stuff about protocol and good practice.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11