A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.


  • Smoog
  • Smoog's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
20 Aug 12 #350705 by Smoog
Topic started by Smoog

I''m wondering if anyone can offer some words of advice here? I have been separated for nearly 2 years, live in Scotland, and want to submit for the "quickie" divorce after the two year period. Everything is sorted out in terms of money and assets, we have a signed Separation Agreement which is formally lodged, and no children under 16.

I notice that on submission of the SPB 2007 paperwork, a copy is then sent to the spouse to see if there is any objection. I was wondering what would be the likely grounds for any such objection, as all requirements appear to be met, and the spouse does not have to agree if there has been a two year separation.

Or should I stop worrying?

Any advice gladly accepted.



  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Aug 12 #350709 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Grounds for objection could be outstanding financial matters, having children under 16 or disputing the duration of separation. If those are all covered there shouldn''t be anything to worry about.

  • Smoog
  • Smoog's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
20 Aug 12 #350713 by Smoog
Reply from Smoog
Thanks very much. Thats a bit of a relief.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.