A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

STBX lost job, no income....

  • Kittykatt
  • Kittykatt's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
22 Aug 12 #351136 by Kittykatt
Topic started by Kittykatt
Hi Guys

As some of you may know me STBX and I are trying to sort out a financial agreement (he is now responding it seems, at least for the time being) I am waiting for him to respond to my sols letter to disclose finances however this morning I have had a text from him saying that he lost his job a while ago and has little option (and he wanted to discuss options).

My question is, what are my options if he genuinely has no money to cover his half of our debts?????

Thanks in advance,


  • Kittykatt
  • Kittykatt's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
22 Aug 12 #351137 by Kittykatt
Reply from Kittykatt
*sorry - i meant he has little income!!!*

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.