A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Decree Nisi

  • mdh0410
  • mdh0410's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
29 Aug 12 #352731 by mdh0410
Topic started by mdh0410
Well my Decree Nisi should have been issued in court today. :cheer:

My solicitor warned me at the start that the judge will probably put a bar on the Absolute being issued until we are both residing at separate addresses - house in negative equity at present so cant yet be sold!!.

My question is, will it state this on the Decree Nisi? Anyone have any experience of such a bar being detailed on the decree nisi?

Many thanks

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
29 Aug 12 #352736 by dukey
Reply from dukey
No not on the Nisi, but if and when you apply for the Absolute some, well most judges will refuse it while your still living together, as always there are exceptions.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.