A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Decree absolute

  • Joanna7240
  • Joanna7240's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
31 Aug 12 #353137 by Joanna7240
Topic started by Joanna7240
Whatbwoukd the situation be if neither respondent nor applicant apply for Decree Absolute but one is issued?

What would the situation be if neither respondent nor applicant apply for decree absolute but one is issued?
Also the respondent is alleging I have remarried which s untrue, the judge at the hearing asked for a marriage certificate and obviously there isn''t one, and he asked that the question be withdrawn from my questionnaire can this be raised at a FDR?

Teamwiki edited text: added above from duplicate post (now deleted) as this post had started getting replies.

  • confused 101
  • confused 101's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
31 Aug 12 #353139 by confused 101
Reply from confused 101
One or other would have to apply for it to be issued.

The court doesn''t issue it automatically following the Nisi.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.