A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

I am going to use the ''C'' word

  • downland
  • downland's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
04 Sep 12 #353697 by downland
Topic started by downland
I am going to use the ''C'' word - please dont shout at me, yes, Christmas.

Still living in FMH 18 months in and having done last Christmas in this situation with 13 yr old am wondering what the hell to do this Christmas?

Doesnt seem like anything will be sorted out as now looks like Court to try to force issues (does anyone know how many shopping days to Christmas - I can add it on to the tally of days waited for freedom ......) and whilst I dont want to upset my son I dont think I can do the ''not quite happy family but lets try and have a normal christmas anyway'' we had last year (we tried - it didnt work...).

No other family to speak of so just the three of us ...................and, of course, the Chrismas tree.

Dont think going away an option as son would not be happy to upset either of us that much.

So dear Wiki s - any suggestions please? It already seems to be looming over the next few months - hence my early use of ''C'' word.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.