A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

not returning divorce papers as keeps going abroad

  • Diddydi
  • Diddydi's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
07 Sep 12 #354431 by Diddydi
Topic started by Diddydi
My stbx hasn''t got as permanant address yet as he''s living in the family caravan so using the marital home still but keeps going abroad to visit friends for 2 months at a time so when I present the divorce papers to the court he won''t be here to get them. Also if the court bailiff tries to deliver them he won''t be in the UK. I know his friends address to forward them to but he could say he didn''t get them. What can I do as I want divorce to be smooth and straightforward and although he said he won''t defend it, he''s making it very difficult for me. He''s also stalling mediation because he won''t be in the UK. What can I do that won''t end up costing me thousands? Thanks

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.