A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

illegal documents

  • Marusya
  • Marusya's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 Sep 12 #355145 by Marusya
Topic started by Marusya

My husband wants to provide court with illegal documents about my family assets overseas.

He is accusing me of having a property overseas.

I dint know where and how he obtained this documents, but I know they are illegal, as never owned any property oversees.

He was trying to push me into sign doggie Attorney, just before FDR hearing, I refused to do so. His barrister mentioned about this during FDR and judge asked to see the attorney I was pushed in to sing.
Likely judge refused other parties request for a very simple reason, there was no address, no name, no information to whom it may refer.

What should I do if on the final hearing my ex shows those doggie/illegal documents?

Many thanks.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
11 Sep 12 #355147 by dukey
Reply from dukey
When you say attorney do you mean affidavit?.

There is a process when providing documents you hope to rely on in court, at the FDR they tried to sneak them in at the last minute, that alone is enough for them to be refused.

The long and the short is if they were refused at FDR they will be at FH.

  • Marusya
  • Marusya's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 Sep 12 #355159 by Marusya
Reply from Marusya
No it was not Affidavit.

It’s not easy to explain, but I’ll try. My husband accusing me of having a property in RUSSIA.

In the court, just before FDR hearing, he tried to push into sigh attorney, which was written in Russian language, without any address, name of the person etc. My barrister asked him to provide us with the English copy, he didn’t show us translation, but he has shown translation of attorney to the judge, and his request been refused for exactly the same reason, no address etc.

The attorney rough translation is : I am _____ DOB___ asking YOU (no name). to transfer all the existing documents, that you have, about the property address________, sales price_____, person of receiving those monies.

I think my ex has got doggie documents provided by “private investigator “. I can prove that those documents are illegal. I have got, translated into English, constitution of Russian Federation, were clearly says “information about ownership, transferring titles, sales price of the property etc, can be obtain or release ONLY by the current owner”

I know that in U.K it’s a public information or you can pay small fees for realising the whole property history, but not in Russia.

Again, my question is what should I do if my ex will be stupid enough to show this doggie documents on the final hearing? Does anyone know what is going to happen in court?

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Sep 12 #355399 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
If you have the documents you could attach these to an affidavit of your own confirming that they are false and that you have no properties abroad. This way, the documents are in the open and you don;t look as though you are hiding anything.

However, by using the documents in evidence, your ex can refer to these in proceedings but it will be for him to prove that you have in an interest in property by obtaining information from a reliable source.


  • Marusya
  • Marusya's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
17 Sep 12 #356325 by Marusya
Reply from Marusya
Thank u Charles

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.