A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

FDR next week

  • ShiningTor
  • ShiningTor's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
14 Sep 12 #355981 by ShiningTor
Topic started by ShiningTor
I am the applicant in an Ancillary Relief case. My ex (we are now divorced) moved into our holiday home (joint owned) and has now said that she has moved out. I am traveliing to the coast to drop of her furniture and pick some up of mine this weekend. I am also going to take photos as I suspect the house to be in a state of disrepair. I have emailed my ex to say I am coming, she has not replied, but I suspect she may have changed the locks. The FDR is scheduled for next week.

Will I be within my rights to force entry if she has changed the locks? It seems inevitable that the house will eventually be transferred to my sole name, and I want photos to allow me to assess the cost of putting everything back straight.

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11