A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

I''m tired

  • Anjh77
  • Anjh77's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
16 Sep 12 #356153 by Anjh77
Topic started by Anjh77
I left my ex in 2010. But today I feel like this fight will never be done. I left him because I realised I was paying all the bills to be so miserable I felt more comfortable sitting in the cupboard under the stairs to get away from his ranting.
He wouldn''t leave so I took the kids with me.
He then didn''t pay any of the bills so the house was repossessed sometime ago now.
I try to be reasonable because of the kids but he still continues with the emotional abuse
He is now spreading rumours that I have been suspended from my job. I haven''t and why would be do this? I cancelled my csa claim so I am entirely financially responsible for our kids. Why would he say things that could jeopardise my career?
Sorry for the rant. I am facing rock bottom.

  • MrsSadness
  • MrsSadness's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
16 Sep 12 #356163 by MrsSadness
Reply from MrsSadness
I am sure some other Wikis far more well-versed in the law, will be along shortly. In meantime, stay strong for your childrens'' sake. OK? Hope this helps!

  • soulruler
  • soulruler's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Sep 12 #356171 by soulruler
Reply from soulruler
Well I am well used to my ex spreading horrible rumours about me all over - I get them coming in to me and have done for years and years.

One particular one came from a person I had never even met before. We were having a general talk about life as I was in the local pub and this man just walked in with his friend. So I started silly talk about them being strangers and we didn''t talk to strangers - just silly pub talk.

Anyway, after a few minutes of light hearted chat he asked my name and when I said it he looked very shocked and said "Soulruler! Are you the Soulruler who lives just over the road?" Bit shocked I replied yes and then he told me that he knew my ex as he was working on the friends house which he was visiting. Apparently I am a right xxxxx, told me about the things my ex was saying about me.

I have had rumours come back to me for 4 years all pretty prejudicial to my own self employment but in truth there is not much you can do about it.

If he goes to your employer with another allegation that is something else. I think you just have to keep your chin up, try not to get drawn into any discussions regarding your innocence, apart from I havenot lost my job.

He sounds like a world class arse - I used to be married to one of them - why they cannot just stop being bitter and let you and me get on with our lives beats me.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.