A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

German/UK Divorce HELP!!!!!!!

  • inselaffe
  • inselaffe's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
16 Sep 12 #356203 by inselaffe
Topic started by inselaffe
Hi all I am at the end of my nerves here in Germany, I have been separated from my wife for over 2 years now she lives in the UK with my 3 children. Everything has been going smooth but as I work away all week and I am only home some weekends I asked her if she can look at sorting the divorce as we agreed it would be cheaper for her to file it, this is where she turned nasty. She is saying I need a UK address and that I need to reply within 8 days, me being me said how can I do that when I live in Germany, have no family or friends in the UK. Now come the threats of CSA and REMO and her refusing to sign any paperwork for the divorce. I am sure I live in Europe the last time I checked.

I left her due to no more love and work causing stress at home and making me having no time with my kids due to the Army. Since then I have never had a better relationship with my kids, apart from seeing them seldom throughout the year. And with my ex wife all was fine I used to stay there when I visited the kids but now the milk has gone sour and I also think expensive. Do you think it would be harsh to ask for a DNA test on all 3 of my children to play her at her own game or just get a solicitor and stick my fingers up, can she refuse to sign even though I have evidence she is with someone else (pictures,Facebook) and also messages saying she wont sign just to get her own way?

Any help or advice will be gratefully absorbed I need to get her out of my life so I can move on with my Fiancée.

Many thanks in advance


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.