A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Divorce Papers

  • jackie1
  • jackie1's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Sep 12 #356824 by jackie1
Topic started by jackie1
I have received divorce papers and not sure on some of the questions, can you help,
the first one is
do you agree with the proposals in statement of arrangements and the date of this it does not say a date and I don''t know if it would apply as the children are over 18? any advice would be appreciated

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Sep 12 #356856 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
is there a statement of arrangments? This is a separate document which is sent with the Petition (not the details of the childrnes names on the Petition itself)
Usally there wouldn''t be one at all if the childnre are over 18, in which case you can simply answer that question with ''Not applicable''

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.