A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

What next

  • Lori321
  • Lori321's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
20 Sep 12 #356909 by Lori321
Topic started by Lori321
I filed the divorce petition, hubby signed agreeing. Did the affidavit and weeks later have heard nothing. I rang the court and was told that it was granted on the 5th August. I have being wating for something to appear through the post; does it normally take this long.
I want a ''Clean Break'' and know (or think I know) that I can''t apply until I have the Decree Nisi but as I was told by someone at the court that my application had been granted can I apply.

  • gerimine
  • gerimine's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
20 Sep 12 #356927 by gerimine
Reply from gerimine
I think its best to have the paperwork first.
If you used solicitor for the divorce it may have gone to them, otherwise I would phone the court back and ask if the paperwork/decree Nisi has been sent out as you haven''t received anything.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.