A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Who Should I Complain To?

  • Millie73
  • Millie73's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
21 Sep 12 #357260 by Millie73
Topic started by Millie73

I applied to the court end of April for Decree Nisi - it still hasn''t been dealt with - I have telephoned the court several times and each time I have been told - oh, the file is still with the Judge.

This is ridiculous now - I just want to get things finalised. How do I progress this? Is there someone at the court that I should make an official complaint in writing?

Many thanks

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
22 Sep 12 #357283 by dukey
Reply from dukey
After five months something is wrong, no court takes that long, did you complete the forms yourself?.

You court try writing to the clerk of the court and sending it signed for, bar that courts take as long as they take, but this long hmm something is not right.

  • Millie73
  • Millie73's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
22 Sep 12 #357324 by Millie73
Reply from Millie73
I know something is not right. STBX Solicitor''s have muddied the waters by writing direct to the court to ''claim'' ex did not receive Divorce papers. The courts had previously granted deemed service.

Can someone who knows about court systems advise me of the title of the person whom I should complain to?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.