A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.


  • sugarnspice
  • sugarnspice's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Sep 12 #357676 by sugarnspice
Topic started by sugarnspice
hi every1 x am new 2 this site and i hope sum1 outhere can give me some advice x well here goes- on aug 15th this yr i received my divorce petition ( i am the petitioner)from the courts am goin this alone as i cannot afford solicitors,my ex husband also received his-now, he has not signed the acknowledge n says he is not against the divorce but has 1 or 2 issues and that the papers are with his solicitors. As of yet i have received nothing from him or his solicitors and the only proof i have that he has the papers is a tx msg on my phone. Can some one plz advise me on what to do next:) many thanx xx

  • Elphie
  • Elphie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Sep 12 #357678 by Elphie
Reply from Elphie
Keep the text message as if he doesn''t return the acknowledgement you might need it to apply to court to for deemed service.
If you have a smart phone get apps (free) that back up text messages to email so you can print out.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11