A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Please can you answer my question

  • jamieman
  • jamieman's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 Oct 12 #358708 by jamieman
Topic started by jamieman
I am going to be issuing divorce proceedings under the grounds of two year seperation, if this happened to be contested, could I then issue a Petition under unreasonable behaviour instead?

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Oct 12 #358738 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
If the Petition is by consent, how can it be contested?

You need to obtain written consent from your spouse before issuing a petition based on 2 years separation by consent otherwise you will waste time and money.

If you cannot obtain the written consent, you can proceed based on unreasonable behaviour.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11