A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

I want to file a divorce

  • ineedyou
  • ineedyou's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 Oct 12 #359028 by ineedyou
Topic started by ineedyou
Me and my husband are habitually residents in UK. I want to file a divorce as we have lived apart for continous 7 years now and I want to start a new life. My problem is I do not know his current address. Can I still file a divorce on my own? Please advise.:cheer:

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Oct 12 #359047 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Yes, you can, but you have the problem of getting him served with the divorce petition when you do issue it.

How this is done depends on the circumstances and what you know about the whereabouts of your x2b. It can sometimes be possible to serve the petition on family, friends or employers.

You will need legal advice, but in principle you can do it.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.