A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Notice of Change of Solicitor:

  • InnerPeace
  • InnerPeace's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
03 Oct 12 #359213 by InnerPeace
Topic started by InnerPeace
Hi All,

I am filling N434 for informing court that I shall now be acting in person for only finance matters, I would like to know what Claim No. or Case no. to fill for Finance?

As neither my STBX husband nor I have applied for any finance order?
I have the Divorce case number, and under PART 10 (3) Financial Order (is all tick)

So do I need to mention my Divorce case number?
However I have assigned Solicitor to handle my divorce and informed court of that weeks ago.
So what should I do? Please advice?

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Oct 12 #359257 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
Normally, when you apply for a financial order, you have to file a second notice of acting which uses the divorce case number.

You cannot file a notice in financial proceedings as there is no application before the court. It would be like a stranger stopping you in the street to give you their new address - you would say "why do I need this, I don;t know who you are?".

In your case, whilst your solicitor may be acting for you in divorce proceedings, when/if you issue your financial application, you will include your own name and address and those are the details that the court will enter on court file.

It may be worthwhile stating in the covering letter sending the application that you are dealing with the finances yourself in case a helpful court clerk sees that there is a solicitor acting in divorce and duplicates the details.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.