A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Married in a church

  • jslgb
  • jslgb's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Oct 12 #359282 by jslgb
Topic started by jslgb
Yesterday i sent off an application to get a copy of my marriage certificate so i could start divorce proceedings.

I received a phone call to say that because we were married in a church they didnt have our certificate and i would have to contact the church.

I have tried several times now and not received any reply!

Does anyone know how quickly they will be able to produce the certificate and if it will cost anything?

I''m really not looking forward to explaining to the lovely catholic father that the marriage lasted barely 8 months!! :blush:

  • onamission
  • onamission's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
04 Oct 12 #359296 by onamission
Reply from onamission
I went to the priest''s house in person, returning later to pick up a copy, there was no charge for me.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.