A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Mediation failed, what next?

  • Dickie mint
  • Dickie mint's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
05 Oct 12 #359546 by Dickie mint
Topic started by Dickie mint
After a few months of mediation we have come to an unsatisfactory conclusion, and nothing has been sorted.
I''m trying to go this alone, I am the respondent and I have up until now hoped to see the divorce through without using expensive solicitors etc.
My STBX has always stated that she feels the same, but as she won''t communicate with me and I strongly believe that mediation broke down mostly because she refused to look at any of the options on the table, I can no longer believe her.
I know she has the services of a solicitor friend available to her, and therefore I''m wondering what route or options I should now consider?
I''m very uncertain as to what happens next or what I should do?

  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Oct 12 #359571 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
What is the current state of play? Are you living separately. Are your finances separated and both of you supporting yourselves financial?

  • QPRanger
  • QPRanger's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Oct 12 #359601 by QPRanger
Reply from QPRanger
I''m afraid Dickie that if she refuses to communicate or negotiate you could be in for a long ride. Would certainly get a free half hour with a solicitor to discuss the way forward as your next step.

  • Dickie mint
  • Dickie mint's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
13 Oct 12 #360784 by Dickie mint
Reply from Dickie mint
We are both living in the FMH, although in a somewhat semi separated format. Finances are separate, with me paying a greater proportion of the living and child costs. This is a percentage that we both agreed upon.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.