A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.


  • sugarnspice
  • sugarnspice's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 Oct 12 #359776 by sugarnspice
Topic started by sugarnspice
hi everyone x i am the Petitioner in an ongoing divorce since august 2012, not long you might think but i have a problem with the respondent, well not as such i don''t suppose. i have yet to receive the acknowledge of service from him which hasn''t arrived. yet contacting him recently via text messages he has told he has fully signed them and are with his solicitor, this was 3weeks ago snd still nothing. Now i have this proof that he has received and signed them but my problem is how do i print off these text messages? i am going this divorce alone and i read somewhere that i can use this evidence if you like and ask the judge for something of service?? Am i right? and if so how do i move these messages? can anyone help?:unsure:

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Oct 12 #359788 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
I think, myself, it''s always better that,. if the acknowledgment of service does not come back, relying on test messages - well, I''ve not heard of anyone doing it, but I''m not enough of a technocrat to know whether this would be acceptable as evidence.

It could just be that he has an inefficient solicitor.

If all else fails and your x2b is likely to be easy to track down, I think I''d use a process server. Should not cost you a fortune.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.