A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Notice of Response to First Appointment

  • Saffs
  • Saffs's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
10 Oct 12 #360229 by Saffs
Topic started by Saffs
Just received "notice of response to first appointment"...

where it states
Take notice that
At the First appt which will be held in January (!!)

The applicant/respondent will /will not be in a position to proceed on that occasion with a Financial Dispute Resolution for the following reasons.....

What do I do?? I am the applicant and was also applying for MPS.

Ex is self employed and I have no idea of his financial position as he changed from Ltd company to sole trader after he left. He refuses to discuss any finances or negotiate. Currently in dire financial mess as he said he would re-mortgage with me (just in name...he hasn''t contributed financially to the house for more than a year) but then refused after legal advice. Fixed mortgage term ran out in May so have been paying full capital repayments with family help.

What is the best wording as I have no idea if he will exchange form E''s on time or even turn up at Court. I doubt it. He has no solicitor and I am self repping tho did have solicitor (through wiki) for Petition but just dont have the funds anymore :(

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Oct 12 #360230 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
You won''t need to file this until some time in the future - the date will be on the order. Until you have got his form E, clearly you won''t be in a position to proceed to FDR. So for the moment, just plough ahead with the Directions timetable and see what cooperation you get from him, or don''t as the case may be.

  • Saffs
  • Saffs's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
10 Oct 12 #360233 by Saffs
Reply from Saffs
Amazing how legal jargon can blind me! I think I get it now ...this is "Form G" (?)....which only needs to go out once we have exchanged Form E''s! Thanks for quick response.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.