A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

PPI claim joint loan account both signatures

  • Allan Boorman
  • Allan Boorman's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 Oct 12 #360292 by Allan Boorman
Topic started by Allan Boorman
I divorced last year. The court required me to make payments on joint loan. A company canvassed me to make a claim for PPI. I agreed and signed the form. My bank made an offer. The bank would not disclose any info to the PPI claim company as my ex wife had not supplied her authority. My wife and I accepted the offer from the bank and signed for it. The PPI claim company rang the bank yesterday and someone informed them of the amount of compensation despite the fact that they had earlier refused to provide anything. Now I have an invoice for over £4000 in fees! My ex wife claims that I should stand the costs as she did not provide her authority to disclose to a third party. What is going on? Who is liable?

  • upbeat
  • upbeat's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
10 Oct 12 #360306 by upbeat
Reply from upbeat
Hi Allan,
These people keep calling me and I have told them that I will cliam myself if intitled.
Did you not check that it was a no win no fee agreement? Perhaps you should check with your local consumer advice line :/ and go to the legal or whatever company association they come under obusmen.

sorry cant be more help but thats what I would do fight it all the way!!!

It is a warning to us all I think thats probably why they quickly put the phone down when I tell them I''m going through a divorce :)

  • ronit790roy
  • ronit790roy's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
16 Jun 13 #397361 by ronit790roy
Reply from ronit790roy
A whole reclaim trade has full-grown on the rear of Payment Premium Insurance being mis-sold and anyone with a private loan, automobile finance or a mortgage ought to check if they need one premium policy as they may claim their a reimbursement..

Commercial link removed by Teamwiki

  • Gillian48
  • Gillian48's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Jun 13 #397364 by Gillian48
Reply from Gillian48
I don''t know legally but if your ex wife signed the form she must have given her authority? did you give her half the money or was it paid into a joint account? If her signature is on the acceptance form and she claimed half the money I would have thought your both liable for costs? But as I said I don''t know the legal implications. Why not write to ppi company and explain the situation - and tell them you''re divorced and as her name is on the acceptance she should pay half the costs? Maybe best take legal advice unless someone on here knows - sorry not much help.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.