A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

ex breaching consent order

  • caitriona
  • caitriona's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
07 May 20 #512321 by caitriona
Topic started by caitriona
I am divorced 3 years now but my ex keeps breaching our Consent Order. He won't pay RPI (it's been less than a tenner a year rise) and keeps deducting from the CM which he isn't supposed to and which makes budgeting tricky. He is also supposed to show me his tax returns and outright refuses.
He is supposed to have the children two nights a week which are really important work hours for me. He won't commit to it this which again makes my work scheduling difficult. (I know his contact isn't a binding part of the CO). He is now threatening to leave the country which would leave very sporadic contact. IHorrible for the children and I also will lose work hours. I have a nominal spousal agreement at 2p a year which i could activate to recompense for this? Has anyone ever done this? And can you advise me how? And would you advise to do that at all?
So dispirited - i thought the fighting would have ended by now
Thank you thank you

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
09 May 20 #512347 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Why not sort the maintenance issue by applying to CMS and letting them do the assessment?

That would take away all the animosity of him showing you tax returns or making unauthorised deductions from the amount payable.

Unfortunately, sad as it is, if he doesn't want contact with his children there is nothing you can do to force him.

  • caitriona
  • caitriona's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
09 May 20 #512349 by caitriona
Reply from caitriona
Thank you Wyspecial
I've done a CMS calculation online and it would bring the CM down to £269 pm because my ex is self-employed and puts through about 40% of his earnings as expenses. So that doesnt' really feel like much of an option.
But thank you

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11