A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Husband not responding to divorce form

  • Red12345
  • Red12345's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
06 Aug 20 #513582 by Red12345
Topic started by Red12345
Hi, I filed for unreasonable behaviour and my husband got the form on July 17th. He has not responded (apart from being horrible to me) and when I asked him his response was that he is busy and will come back to me when he has time with his comments and feedback.
I have no idea exactly what his form looks like and what he will he asked to do but I don’t want his comments? I know he won’t like my examples of his unreasonable behaviour but I’m not prepared to change anything, even if I can?
Does anyone know what I should do? He has confirmed via email he’s received it.
Thank you!

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
08 Aug 20 #513597 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
It depends whether he has been sent a draft petition to review or whether he has received the Acknowledgement of Service.

Are you using a solicitor or have you applied yourself online??

If it is a draft to review it is worth amending the grounds of he really objects to any of them. He can always state that he agrees the marriage is over but not for the reasons given.

If it is the Acknowledgement of Service, he has seven days to return this (although in practice a month is fine). If you have proof that he received it and is just not engaging, you can apply for deemed service so the divorce can go ahead. If you need any assistance, give the helpline a call.


  • Red12345
  • Red12345's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
09 Aug 20 #513621 by Red12345
Reply from Red12345
Thanks so much. I did it through Wikivorce so it is through a solicitor. Thanks for your help!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11