A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Ex partner living abroad - No cm payments

  • AshleyM
  • AshleyM's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
07 Nov 20 #514682 by AshleyM
Topic started by AshleyM
We have a signed Consent Order that states child maintenance payments should be made as per our agreement or as calculated by the CMS. We agreed a figure, which he paid, then ex moved abroad to Middle East, and now doesn't pay anything, I know I cannot do anything as he is in a country which does not have a reciprocal agreement, but can I apply to court to enforce the order even though he is not in the country ? I think he had a 2 year contract which is due to expire spring next year, so will probably be returning to the UK at some point.

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
08 Nov 20 #514683 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Does he still have any property or bank accounts in the UK?

Does he work for a UK based company?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11