A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Any advice welcome

  • cathyj
  • cathyj's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Nov 20 #514808 by cathyj
Topic started by cathyj
After 11 years of an abusive marriage (mental, physical, sexual and financial) and physical and mental abuse of my children, my husband left in August 2012, since then I have had 2 short telephone calls only, our daughter was 11 at the time, I have a rough idea where he is but have preferred to steer clear. now however I am 60, living on a carers allowance and have a small pension I can claim which would make a real difference, he also has a pension most likely larger than mine and Im sure he has found a way around not giving my details to his provider, I really dont want his pension but do want to keep mine in its entirety, so have decided to find out how I can divorce with a Clean Break and maybe a Consent Order. I live in a house I bought with my first husband and no contribution was ever made towards it

  • AlanPartridge
  • AlanPartridge's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
01 Dec 20 #514951 by AlanPartridge
Reply from AlanPartridge
have a look at the "guides" section on this website. There is a form you need to fill in to start the divorce proceedings. It sounds unlikely he would have a claim on your pension unless yours is much higher value than his.

  • kerai
  • kerai's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
26 Dec 20 #515150 by kerai
Reply from kerai
hi, i have married for 18 years and have 2 kids and a house. i want divorce from my wife because she raise her voice and argue all the time to me and my kids for a small things. Me and my kids are fed up with her. Every time we argue i tell her, just give me divorce because i want to move on, but she is refusing to sign. i am paying mortgage and most of the things in the house. Now my kids are forcing me to get divorce and move out from her. But i can't afford to pay mortgage and rent a place as well. I want a divorce but i don't know where to start because she is refusing to sign. Every time i try to talk to her and discuss we end up arguing, so i stopped talking to her. We only talk if we have to, even my kids doesn't talk to her unless they have to. I see my kids are suffering as well.
can you please help me where to start.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11