A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Financial Arrangement- What Happened if it was not met by the other party

  • loligo
  • loligo's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
10 Jan 21 #515296 by loligo
Topic started by loligo
First of all I would like to thank Wikivorce for their support in finalising my divorce.

I have one question to ask, the court has now approved the divorce and the financial arrangements. On the financial arrangement it says she has to settle it within 56 days. I presume it starts from the date the court approved the financial arrangement, am I correct? Secondly what happened if she doesn’t settle it within the stipulated time frame? If that happens what steps do I have to take? Write to her solicitors?

Many thanks.

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
10 Jan 21 #515297 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Yes it will start from the date of the order.

Is there any reason to doubt that it will be fulfilled?

Ultimately you would have to apply to court but probably easiest to just ask her, or her solicitor, what the delay is first.

  • loligo
  • loligo's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
12 Jan 21 #515336 by loligo
Reply from loligo
Thank you so much for the reply.

Her life is all about money and she wanted to keep all assets to herself. Even now after the order she is trying to do things the way she wanted and told “ go to court”. Therefor I don’t want to deal with her anymore, and that’s why I prefer to deal with her solicitors.

If the solicitors didn’t act upon the order, can I directly wrote to the courts? I have a strong feeling she is not going to settle it on time, the cut off date is going to expired few days time, and so far nothing was mentioned. So she is going to delay it and test my nurses. Her whole life is about intimidating others and making other unhappy. I didn’t want to see my kids suffer so that’s why I gave up most of the assets.

I will write to her solicitors and if there is no settlement the I will come back and seek your advice.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11