A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Non Compliance

  • underthewheel
  • underthewheel's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
04 Mar 21 - 04 Mar 21 #515988 by underthewheel
Topic started by underthewheel
My ex wife applied for a Financial Order. I do not have a solicitor but completed the E1 and other requested documents and filed and exchanged them within the deadline. She does have a solicitor but they did not complete the E1 or sign it. I recieved one sheet with the signature (not attached to the E1) weeks later.

The E1 was wholly incomplete, there was no income needs filled out and not one total given throughout the document.

The next deadline given by the court was to complete a chronology, statement of issues and G1.

I completed these and stated that I only had two questions as the E1 was incomplete and completed the G1 stating that I was not ready to proceed because of this. I filed and exchanged these documents again as ordered by the court on March 1st, the hearing should be on March the 15th.

This time they have exchanged nothing and there has been no correspondence.

1) Is there anything I can do in order for them to comply with what the court has ordered us to do? We had 2 months to complete the E1 and she has a solicitor to help!

2) Wishful thinking, could this be a sign that they are up to something else?

3) Will the Judge be cross at this lack of compliance?!

P.S - I am the respondent!
Last edit: 04 Mar 21 by underthewheel.

  • wikivorce team
  • wikivorce team's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
26 Mar 21 #516238 by wikivorce team
Reply from wikivorce team
Its not that unusual for one party to fail to do their side of the paperwork,

In large part that is what the purpose of the FDA hearing is.

Make sure that you raise the issue with the judge during the hearing. (they may turn up with the papers on the day).

The penalty for being late with paperwork at this early stage of the process is usually not much more than a telling off and a new order giving extended deadlines.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.