A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Advice please

  • Natm
  • Natm's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
07 Apr 21 #516424 by Natm
Topic started by Natm
My husband of 18 years walked out 2 years ago leaving me and out two kids in the material home. He. Has since moved into rented home with his new girlfriend and her kids. He pays Maintenance monthly and his half of the mortgage. Other than this we. Don’t talk. I wish to now go for a divorce to start a fray my only big worry is the house. The kids are 16 and 17 so no need for child care arrangements as they see their dad whenever they wish. I just don’t know what to do about the house. It is on interest only 171k approx value 300k. I don’t think mortgage company will fund me buying the ex out even if I could afford the monthly payments also the ex as left us with a bad credit rating. When the kids are more settled I would happily move and split profit but until kids have finished college and uni I don’t want to u settle them

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.