A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Form E

  • Brenda29
  • Brenda29's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
04 May 21 #516618 by Brenda29
Topic started by Brenda29
my ex husband is the petitioner, neither of us have a solicitor, I have asked him by email when and how he wants to exchange form E but he said we don't have to agree on an exchange date and that I should send mine whenever I want....my question is, should I just send him mine without knowing if he is sending his? The deadline is almost upon us on the 7th May 21.
Thanks in advance for any answers.

  • wikivorce team
  • wikivorce team's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
05 May 21 - 05 May 21 #516624 by wikivorce team
Reply from wikivorce team
As a general rule - yes - you should send yours on or before the deadline whatever he does. If it gets to the first appointment and he has not sent you his or sent it very late you can raise it with the judge.

If you feel that you could benefit from some expert support on getting ready for the first appointment at a minimal expense then you might consider our service where we help litigants in person .
Last edit: 05 May 21 by wikivorce team.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
05 May 21 #516625 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
You should file at the court on or before the date specified but should exchange with the other side by mutual agreement. Refer him to the Notice of First Appointment that sets this out.

You can exchange by post or online.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11