A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Divorce. Husband overseas untraceable

  • Iyan
  • Iyan's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
30 May 21 #516854 by Iyan
Topic started by Iyan
Hi all, would be grateful for some advice. Seperated from Husband 11 years ago. He's in Caribbean, I'm in UK have been back several times, can't find him. Filling in form D8. Main issue I don't want him to resurface try any financial claims. I want a Clean Break Order, does a Solicitor have to do that? (I'm on low budget so can't pay loads) or can I do myself is there a template? Is this correct thing in terms of Financial Order? We don't have any children or own property together at all. Thank You?

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Jun 21 #516872 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
I think you are jumping the gun a bit. You will not be able to get a financial order until divorce proceedings have commenced. That will be your main problem.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11