A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Submitting a financial consent order

  • Rob1210
  • Rob1210's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
09 Jun 21 #516934 by Rob1210
Topic started by Rob1210
Hi, please can someone help.

Already divorced, amicably agreed terms of financial Consent Order, written by my solicitor (respondent).

How do I submit this financial Consent Order to court?

I asked my solicitor to do it as she said solicitors can do it online but she said it has got rejected on the basis that solicitor submitted it representing me as the respondent rather than My ex wife as the applicant. This is the third time my solicitor has messed up. I didn’t think there was a problem with the respondent applying for a financial Consent Order.

So it looks like I need to submit myself. My solicitor says I need to fill in Form A, but this form does not make sense and does not seem to be appropriate as my ex wife and I have already agreed terms.

Do I send the financial Consent Order without the Form A?

Also, it’s worth noting my ex-wife has not had legal advise and doesn’t want a solicitor as she 100% trusts me.


  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Jun 21 #516937 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
If you are applying to the Court, you are the Applicant. If you put yourself as the applicant in financial proceedings you can apply for a Consent Order.

If you were the respondent in divorce proceedings you haven't made an application to the court therefore a Form A would be required, the statement of information shows a snapshot of the finances at time of the application and the Consent Order is the draft order which would seek that the court makes.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11