A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Abusive husband has fired solicitors to LIP Non-Molestation & Restraining order?

  • WildMumma
  • WildMumma's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
19 Aug 21 #517502 by WildMumma
Topic started by WildMumma
Hi, bit of a panic, I've just received an email from my husbands solicitors cc'ing the court to say he has dispensed with their services.

The question is, I have both a non-molestation order against him prohibiting his contact and a court ordered restraining order since his conviction for assaulting me and breaching the original non-mol.

Our FDR is listed early next month - I served his solicitors with my schedule of deficiencies yesterday as he has lied so spectacularly (which I have proven). So how on earth does this now get to him and how do we exchange updated disclosures and mortgage raising capacities etc?

I'm in a panic. I don't want him to be able to push this to a final hearing and then be allowed to question me directly!


  • seeingawaythrough
  • seeingawaythrough's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
24 Aug 21 #517539 by seeingawaythrough
Reply from seeingawaythrough
I don' t know if you having a non-Mol would mean having to do something different - but I'm a LIP and my STBEX is represented. We have been doing all exchange of information via email - me to his Solicitor and his Solicitor to me. So if you aren't represented then I think you'd have to email direct?

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will come along. I'm sorry you've having to go through this.

Are you going to be represented at FDR? Even if he's dispensed with his Solicitor and is acting as LIP, he may well have a barrister at the FDR.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11