A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Wrong marriage date on decree nisi!

  • HopSkipJump
  • HopSkipJump's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
13 Sep 21 #517706 by HopSkipJump
Topic started by HopSkipJump

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm the applicant in my divorce. We have a Decree Nisi granted. I'm using the wikivorce Consent Order service to begin getting a Clean Break Consent Order and whilst filling out the paperwork I've just realised the marriage date is wrong!!

It turns out I filled it incorrectly (same day and month, 1 year out) on the divorce application. The STBex didn't notice when they filled out their response. The court also did not notice the discrepancy between the application and the copied marriage certificate!

The Decree Nisi has the incorrect date on it. As does all related paperwork. I've called the wikivorce helpline but wasn't able to get through (I've asked for a callback). I'm not working with a solicitor on this; it's not a complicated case (no dependents or shared assets) and it's been pretty amicable.

So. Anybody got any idea what the heck i need to do to untangle the mess that a single digit typo may cause me?! Or if it will even cause me issues?


  • HopSkipJump
  • HopSkipJump's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
13 Sep 21 #517707 by HopSkipJump
Reply from HopSkipJump
Replying to myself so others may learn :)

Wikivorce helpline called me back. The lady I spoke said I need to try getting in touch with the court and asking for a correction to the Decree Nisi under the slip rule (not one I'd heard of previously!).

I made the call, and after some time on hold I got a very nice, apologetic court officer to agree to ask the judge for the amendment. Hopefully it'll go through without too much pain and I'll be back on track soon enough!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11