A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

marital home

  • s nellie
  • s nellie's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
21 Sep 21 #517740 by s nellie
Topic started by s nellie
hi All

hoping someone here can advise me as i am at my wits end. i have submitted my divorce application in 2017 due to my husband refusing to acknowledge or participate in any of the proceedings this has caused significant delay. he has also refused to acknowledge service until december 2020 when served with a bailiff, he is refusing the agree to mediation regarding finances about the marital home (which i am the named mortgage holder and which i purchased 2 yrs before we were married). i was unable to get a non-mol in 2017 for him to leave the marital home, but was wondering that if he does not engage with any of the process and i am granted my Decree Nisi then absolute can i then get him removed from the home ???
i am unable to use solicitors at this point as it has already cost me 1500 with absolutely NO progress because he refuses to engage.


many thanks

  • InnerYou
  • InnerYou's Avatar
  • User
  • User
21 Sep 21 #517743 by InnerYou
Reply from InnerYou
Hi There,

Hope this message finds you well. My name is Schnel Hanson, Therapist and Transformational Coach. I organise Divorce Masterclass with a team of experts, to help assist women with creating a 'Divorce Roadmap'.
Divorce can cause anxiety and stress. However you feel, it is important to remember that is completely natural and there are ways to help you overcome these complex emotions and the handle the legal transition in a way which provides security and peace of mind.

To assist you on the next step, please feel free to attend our upcoming masterclass. Use the promotion code Wiki at the checkout and receive a complimentary ticket. www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/160623566411/?discount=WIKI

The masterclass I will:
Teach you how to LET GO and overcome the fears you have about getting a divorce or separating.
Help you create a divorce roadmap, so that you can move forward with your personal growth, with a more mindful approach of your wellbeing and personal goals.
Teach you how to value your own health, both physically and mentally with support such as nutrition and exercise planning.
Provide support from experienced divorce lawyers, solicitors, and legal professionals who will teach you key legal matters relating to your divorce.
Give you the resources, information and tools you need to live a more abundant life

Best wishes,

If you would like to learn more or ask further questions, please do send me a message.

Schnel Hanson, Founder of Developing The Inner You

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
21 Sep 21 #517744 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
You really need a legally binding financial settlement to sort this out. If he isn't engaging, you may have to make an application to court.

He can register matrimonial home rights and if these are in place could successfully object to the Decree Absolute being granted until the finances are sorted.

You don't need a solicitor to make an application to court for financial settlement. We have a range of low cost services to support litigants in person. Take a look at the services tab or give the helpline a call.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11