A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Income on Form E and mediation

  • Heatherclarke
  • Heatherclarke's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Sep 21 #517801 by Heatherclarke
Topic started by Heatherclarke
Can anyone please advise - I am completing form E for the purpose of mediation (not court yet). Stuck with other income - the mortgage and bills (joint names) come out of my bank account as STBXH doesn't earn enough and would be overdrawn every month. He occasionally (not regularly) pays something towards these - do I need to declare these payments he makes towards the joint bills as income?
The form E we are using in mediation - will this be the same form E information used if proceedings go to court? i.e. there are a number of statements I can make in section 4 (other information) but feel that this may be somewhat acrimonious for mediation i.e. I'd like to not go in with all guns blazing for mediation and start off on the wrong foot so would ideally leave it out for mediation but add in for court proceedings if things don't work out at mediation.
I'm guessing this won't be the same information as all the figures would need updating as time went on.
Many thanks

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
09 Oct 21 #517875 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
This is about your income, not contributions to the household made by him. So things like dividends, part time seasonal work, former employment if your job has changed etc


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11