A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need legal advice on a fair financial settlement?

We offer a consultation with experienced family solicitor for a low fixed fee. You will receive legal advice and a written report outlining your legal position and setting out what a fair settlement would look like based on your individual circumstances.

Decree Absolute Online?

  • Donut723
  • Donut723's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Sep 21 #517802 by Donut723
Topic started by Donut723
Does anyone know how to apply for a Decree Absolute online? Giv site says if it's done online it's done in 24h but I can't find any links online for it?

Thanks everyone

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
29 Sep 21 #517804 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
Did you start the divorce online using the Gov.UK portal? If so, you will receive an email advising you when you can apply using the same online process. If you applied the old-fashioned way using a paper D8, then you will need to apply using a paper D36 form - you can't apply online.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11