A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.


  • Kashi
  • Kashi's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
03 Mar 22 - 06 Mar 22 #518967 by Kashi
Topic started by Kashi

I just received a response from the court. They have listed the petition as a defended cause.
They say "The petitioner/Respondent may apply for a Case Management Hearing by submitting Form D84".

As I understand it is for the Petitioner to apply for this by completing section B, unless I am wrong.

What will happen if the petitioner does not apply by completing the D84, will the petition be thrown out?
Or should I apply myself for CMH? What happens if neither of us return the D84?

Also can someone tell me what is likely to happen at a Case Management Hearing for a defended divorce?

Last edit: 06 Mar 22 by Kashi.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11