A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Pension Provider Time Delay

  • Tarquin_StJohn
  • Tarquin_StJohn's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 Mar 22 - 01 Apr 22 #519035 by Tarquin_StJohn
Topic started by Tarquin_StJohn

I have been going through a fairly amicable divorce process over the past couple of years but am getting rather frustrated with the last stage of the Consent Order.

My STBEx and I have come to an agreed financial settlement using a Family mediation Service and now have both signed the Consent Order which included a Form P1 Annex which describes a pension sharing of one of my Defined Benefit Pensions that will be transferred to my STBEx.

The process is such that the Order has been sent to my Pension Scheme for their 'OK' to proceed. I can understand why this is necessary because it may not be allowed under their scheme rules, but it seems there is no timescale in which they must action this 'step'. The Order was emailed to them on 11th March 2022 and now we just sit and wait...

How long might this take? Apparently this could be months. There is nothing to force a reply. I have tried phoning the administrator but the phone call is welcomed by the call handling software, put into a queue which rings for four minutes and then says "the number tried is not accepting calls" ! The 'Contact Us' guide on their website says to email them (which I have tried) or to Write to them which I will now try but can't imagine it will help.

The firm does not seem to have any incentive to turn this around quickly so what can I do?

Meanwhile I can not get the money for my share of the house equity, the transfer of which is being held by the Solicitors until they have the stamped Consent Order.

Very frustrating.

Update as of 31st March I have a response from the Pension provider saying that I have to correct their trustee title and include both of the pensions I have with them and state the percentage of transfer to my STBx. Straightforward amendments so I am hoping this can now be submitted to the court for judgement on the Consent Order
Last edit: 01 Apr 22 by Tarquin_StJohn. Reason: Update

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11