A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Marital home

  • Cathy100
  • Cathy100's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 Jun 12 #334498 by Cathy100
Topic started by Cathy100
After my husband had an affaire we separated and I went away for a few weeks. On my return he vacated the marital home. I had asked him not to move his new family in whilst I was away but he did and the house was filthy.
I have now said that I will not vacate the house until I get my settlement and he has moved into a property owned by his mother with his new family.
As I go away a lot due to the fact that the house is next to our business that he still runs he is threatening to break in and take over the house when I am away.
Does anyone know if he can do this?
I have no where to go or move my belongings until I get my settlement but I don’t want to be here all the time and I am now worried about going away.

  • ditchedagain11
  • ditchedagain11's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Jun 12 #334595 by ditchedagain11
Reply from ditchedagain11
If the property is jointly owned there is nothing to stop either of you moving people in. All of this kinda thing will be resolved by mediation through the divorce. Stay as calm as you can and STAY in the house ok.


  • Cathy100
  • Cathy100's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
03 Jun 12 #334874 by Cathy100
Reply from Cathy100
Thanks for your reply
Regards Cathy

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.