A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Civil matter - obtaining an injunction

  • u6c00
  • u6c00's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Aug 12 #346672 by u6c00
Topic started by u6c00
Hi, not sure if this falls outside the expertise of the people here but I have a question.

My ex when she moved out photocopied some medical letters from a psychiatrist. She has since been showing them to anyone and everyone who will look at them. This includes: 2 solicitors that have acted for her, her new partner, my solicitor, attempts to get my parents and sibling to read them. She has also quoted sections of the report and submitted them to the court in a statement. These are just the people that I know of, I suspect that many more have seen them.

The letters are marked "Strictly Private and Confidential, content not to be divulged without prior consent of the signatory" The signatory is the psychiatrist, who has obviously not given consent, nor have I.

I am concerned because we live extremely close to each other at the moment. She has shown them to so many people, have people in the street seen them? Her neighbours when I pick up my son for contact? CAFCASS? My son''s nursery?

I want to obtain an injunction to force her to return my letters and stop her from passing around my private information to whomever will look at it. Anyone know how I go about it? The police said it''s a civil matter and won''t get involved, I can''t afford a solicitor and Legal Aid are already dragging their feet about the family law issue without trying to apply to them for a civil matter.

Can it be done by self-repping? Anyone know where to start?

  • u6c00
  • u6c00's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Aug 12 #346780 by u6c00
Reply from u6c00

  • hawaythelads
  • hawaythelads's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
01 Aug 12 #346788 by hawaythelads
Reply from hawaythelads
just google it.theres companies doing it online pages and pages on how to obtain an injunction in the uk

All the best

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.