A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • shogan
  • shogan's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
14 Aug 12 #349371 by shogan
Topic started by shogan
Hi me and my wife are separated and going through the divorce procedure.
Me and my wife met up the other day to talk, my sister and her husband turned upon the scene resulting in myself and my wife getting beat up by them .
Because they did not want us talking they keep interfering regarding are divorce and life.
I have reported this to the police what had happened and is out off my hands the police recommended that I write a letter to my sister and brother-in-law making it clear that I have filed this assault and interfering to the police and that they are to no stay out of our lives and let us decide what we want.
How do I write this letter because I am not good at this?
Any help please just to maybe start this letter

  • Marshy_
  • Marshy_'s Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Aug 12 #349706 by Marshy_
Reply from Marshy_

Dear Sirs.

I have contacted the police regarding the assault that took place on ______. They have asked me to write to you regarding our marriage. Under no circumstances should you be involved in discussions regarding our marriage or subsequent divorce and interference will not be tolerated.

Yours Sincerely

Your name

(Sign you name here)

This should do it. Amend as necessary.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.