A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Is there any help

  • Romeo123
  • Romeo123's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
05 Sep 13 #406360 by Romeo123
Topic started by Romeo123
I have a disabled 3 yr old child we have lived in UK 12 yrs plus we have no legal status we have run out of money to pay for rent and look after our dear extremely disabled child we are from a third world country we are desperate to find any help to live a normal life I am depressed currently and I don''t want to loose it anyone with idea how we can get help

  • butterfly crossing
  • butterfly crossing's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Sep 13 #406401 by butterfly crossing
Reply from butterfly crossing
Have you tried your local councillor, or MP they may be able to help?

Do you go to church maybe your minister or some of the congregation could help?

I am presuming your child has a social worker, and health visitor have you tried them?

Have you tried your local Citizens advice bureau?

Does your country have an embassy here that could maybe help you?

Sorry I do not know what else to suggest.

  • Romeo123
  • Romeo123's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
05 Sep 13 #406404 by Romeo123
Reply from Romeo123
Thanks for your advice I hope someone else will suggest other ideas to help the main thing tho is that we have no visa to be in the country and we have made this country our home for 12 yrs plus is there any way we can be allowed legally to stay so we can look for work and stay in the country the embassy does not help we are from Malawi

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11