A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Does anybody know

  • Angel557
  • Angel557's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Sep 08 #45886 by Angel557
Topic started by Angel557
This timeshare we had in America , bain of my life is in arrears with the maintenace , jusge at FH said for it to be transfered to the ex , i called the lawyers who sent ex paper work as he has now given them my address so i got some papers to be honest i got the whole rain forest can't make head nor tail of it, anyway when i called them back in July i was told i would get a phone call from the person dealing with it , she called this afternoon i can't remember what it was now i was going to ask so i said yeah i called back in July , she went hey you know what i have been busy eeeeeeeeeek so now i got the hump being spoken to like that she said she was doing me a favour ? and now is gonna start procedings against me and i will have judgement against me ok i never plan to live in the USA how in the long term is that gonna affect me.

  • D L
  • D L's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
05 Sep 08 #45895 by D L
Reply from D L
Hi Angel

As far as I am aware we have a reciprocal arrangement with the States to enforce civil judgements, but you would have to check that with someone who practices civil law.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11