A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Tenancy Agreement

  • julie321
  • julie321's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 May 15 #460726 by julie321
Topic started by julie321
This is a general enquiry on behalf of my son who is at present in the midst of trying to purchase his first property.

The mortgage company have asked for proof of his residences over the past three years and he has been living at his present address for 2 years 10 months so just short.

However he cannot find a copy of his tenancy agreement for the address he lived at whilst at Uni.

Would his landlord have a copy of this as a friend of his is going to the city where he lived this weekend and said he would call and see the landlord and ask if it was possible for him to provide a copy. he also lived at home during the holidays but would this count?

He has got himself really stressed over this.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

  • Gillian48
  • Gillian48's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 May 15 #460727 by Gillian48
Reply from Gillian48
Hiya - his landlord should have kept a copy - could you ring him to ask? If he hasn''t got it you could maybe ask him to write a letting explaining your son lived there and for how long.
Firstly I would ring the mortgage company to explain the situation as they''ll probably be happy with 2yrs10months! The same thing happened with my son and that''s what I did his mortgage company were fine about it he had only been in his current property just over 2yrs!
It''s just standard information they require tell him not to stress about it some companies only require a couple of years.
Good Luck

  • julie321
  • julie321's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 May 15 #460749 by julie321
Reply from julie321
Thanks Gillian
I will get on to it.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11