A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Anxillary Relief?

  • crimbokris
  • crimbokris's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
04 Nov 15 #469039 by crimbokris
Topic started by crimbokris
I am confused by what I have read about the Anxillary Relief. My husband walked out a year ago with no contact since. Because of health issues, I have been on ESA since then because I cannot work. All my ''important'' bills are taken out by DWP which leaves me £88 per fortnight to live on!! He is and has always been in a well paid job. but left me penniless when he left. As we have been separated for a year, I am trying to understand when and if I am entitled to Anxillary Relief and can I apply for it. We had no children but were married for 16yrs (together for 20). I am 60 now and know that I will not be able to return to work even if I wanted to. Would appreciate a guiding hand please.

  • sulkypants
  • sulkypants's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
04 Nov 15 #469042 by sulkypants
Reply from sulkypants
In order to apply for this you need to appl/petition for divorce, which you may not wish to do at the moment.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11