A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Constant communication from my estranged wife

  • DevonGoose
  • DevonGoose's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 Mar 17 #489515 by DevonGoose
Topic started by DevonGoose
Hi, Since my wife and i seperated in July '16 i have recieved dozens and dozens of emails from her. lots of them are abusive and agresive an being really really nasty. This has got worse sinse i met someone new in early Jan '17. she cannot call mu mobile anymore as i have blocked her number, but she is emailing sometimes lots each day, but then sometimes i wont get one for few days and then it will start again. she has also rang my office asking to talk to me and spoken to my ealderly mother as well as called the poiice to report that she is concerned about our two girls as i have been agresive towards her, which is completely untrue.
I would like to know what course of action i could take in order to get her to stop contacting me unless in an emergency. We have a schedule of when i see my children so she doesnt need to contact me but she just wont stop and i'm getting worried as i dont really know what she is capable of.
If anyone has any advice that would be appreciated. i have requested that she stop contacting me unless in an emergency but just wont listen.
Thanks D

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
01 Mar 17 #489516 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
You could report it to the Police as harassment and they will probably offer her some advice

Don't enter into conversations though by replying to emails or the harassment stops as you have chosen to continue the conversation.

You could also block her email address so it goes straight to spam.

  • TurboB
  • TurboB's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Mar 17 #489517 by TurboB
Reply from TurboB
Maybe set up an automated response email (like an out of office) stating that the message has not been read and automnatically deleted. You can usually set up rules so it only does this for certain emails received from a specific address.

Either that, or set up a new email account.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11